Colégio Charm House is the result of the transformation and rehabilitation of an 18th century palace that was abandoned for about 30 years. With a little touch from José Carlos and Cristina Guevara, this hotel with character and guided by elegance opened its doors on the 17th of July 2021 and it is in the center of Tavira with a five-minute walk away from the Roman Bridge.
- 20 rooms with a variety of types:
- double rooms in the Pátio das Laranjeiras with a pool shared exclusively between three rooms
- design and premium suites inspired by ethnic roots
- a family suite with a terrace and a private jacuzzi
- suites with a private pool
- two “angelical” rooms in the Chapel.
Despite having been a boys’ College, today in the mother house female names are sounded in each room, while the suites in the Chapel are protected by Angels Gabriel and Francisco. In the structure that was later added to the original building, we may find 6 rooms inspired by ethnic roots, which offer a one-way ticket for some of Cristina and José Carlos’ trips.
- a common swimming pool
- a gallery with board games
- a bar
- a restaurant with a terrace overlooking the old town
- on the rooftop overlooking the city and the River Gilão you will find the perfect place to relax and enjoy a drink.
“The Colegio Charm House exceeded our expectations in every way. The hotel was stunning inside and out. The building is a beautifully renovated old boys’ schoolhouse with very pretty grounds, decking and terraces overlooking Tavira. The rooms are stunningly designed, each with its own theme and name, all of which are girls’ names, which I believe is a cheeky nod to the fact that it was a boy only school. The staff are super friendly and helpful, and make you feel truly at home. The breakfasts are lovely and the one dinner we had there was fabulous. It was very difficult to leave, but we will be back.”